Today we learned about the essential components of a procedure for an investigation! When students write procedures, they must include all of the following: "Gather materials"(ALWAYS step 1), logical numbered steps, manipulated/independent variable, responding/dependent variable, controlled variables, the phrase "record data"(after any measurements), multiple trials must be represented.
The following is an example of a procedure.
Investigative Question: How does the amount of peanut butter affect the time it takes to eat a cracker?
1. Gather materials
2. Place 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on a saltine cracker
3. Eat the cracker while timing how long it takes to eat in seconds.
4. Record data
5. Repeat steps 2-4 2 more times
6. Repeat steps 2-5 using 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
7. Repeat steps 2-5 using 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter